Friday, April 3, 2009

Aintree Saturday Preview

Wont be here tomorrow morning so thought I'd put up a few ideas for tomorrows meeting tonight, on first look at the card I was sort of disappointed, its not an amazing card. The big hurdle race stands out and it goes without saying everyone will be there for the Grand National.

Tatenen 2.15 Aintree 1pt win at 2/1 with Stan james.
I didnt fancy this fella at Cheltenham but he looks set to run a massive race tomorrow. I wouldnt be very confident about him though and I havent backed him once all year, but I think tomorrow he looks the one. 2/1 seems a fair price with the bookies looking at Betfair at the moment, hes currently trading at 2/1 there minus your commission. Kalahari King looks the main danger and being honest I havent noted him all season either until he finished 2nd at Cheltenham, I wouldnt be having a big bet at all on this race but I think Tatenen should be good enough here, hopefully he jumps well and comes back safe.

Fiveforthree 2.50 Aintree.
He was so impressive the last day, I've been talking about him all week. But now the race is getting closer I'm going off him for some reason, I still fancy him just not enough anymore to back him. Currently trading at 12 on Betfair hes on the drift massively, I hope he travelled over well and ate up etc. I dont really like the front three in the betting here and thats probably one of the main reasons I liked Fiveforthree when I first saw the entries during the week, but now were here I think Solwhit and Jered almost have the same chance of winning as him. Its a hard one and I'm glad I didnt have a bet antepost, might sit this one out tomorrow.

Would you all forgive if I picked three for the Grand National?

L'Ami 4.15 Aintree 0.5pt e/w at 25/1 with ladbrokes.
Irish Invader 4.15 Aintree 0.5pt e/w at 25/1 with Corals.
Brooklyn Brownie 4.15 Aintree 0.5pt e/w at 33/1 with Corals.

Hopefully one will win! What can you say though about the Grand National, you can spend hours studying form only for your horse to fall at the first or be bought down at the 2nd, its an amazing race. Looking at the front two in the betting, I think they deserve to be there, My Will is the class horse of the race and has been laid out for it, I've never really liked him though for some reason. If none of my team look like winning, I'll be shouting home McCoy on Butlers Cabin, it would be fitting for him to win it this week after what happened Exotic Dancer. It goes without saying that jumping is the most important factor tomorrow and I wouldnt have any worries with L'Ami jumping these fences coming from the stable he does. Irish Invader would be a small worry but touch wood he jumps well and his form is looking very good coming into this race. While Brooklyn Brownie has been around this course already this year, and he stays well too. Hopefully one of them will place anyway in what should and always is a great race.

No comments:

Post a Comment