Sunday, April 5, 2009

Curragh Sunday Preview

Very nice card today at The Curragh for so early in the season and some very interesting races. After the madness that is Aintree on Grand National day, I'm looking forward to being able to walk around The Curragh and relax a bit, added to the fact I didnt back one winner there all day yesterday! Anyway, wont be on Betfair today but a few thoughts before I leave..

Xtraxtra 2.15 The Curragh.
Got told this fella was a nice horse and he looked it the last day in the parade ring, also got told Smullen really likes him. He ran OK for his first time out and hopefully he can improve on that today, been handed a very hard draw though. Serious word about for Stand And Fight, been told hes working very well but if I backed every tip I got I'd be skint at this stage.

Whats Up Pussycat 2.45 The Curragh.
Wide open race this and I like the fact shes had a run, and finished very well and caught my eye. Vocalised is having his first run of the season, he was off his feed last week and thats why he never ran, missing out on him winning at 6/4 isnt going to kill you and I cant have him today. A very hard race and just taking a chance with Whats Up Pussycat at 6/1 or so.

3.15 The Curragh.
Anyone got a spare pin? Nigh on impossible.

Georgebernardshaw 3.45 The Curragh.
Mightnt back him but at 6/1 in a race like this you cant do much harm. A lot of AP's will need the run but this fella won first time out last season so it would be less of a worry. What can you say about Mad About You, she doesnt look the most willing horse I've ever seen anyway. Mr Weld was so confident the last day and I stood and watched grown men run across the betting ring to back her at 1/3, it was madness down there. Sure enough she had everything go her way and when asked she simply didnt deliver, shes one to be wary of. I'd give her another chance today before calling her names but cant back her today so Georgebernardshaw might just be the one in an open race again.

Poet 4.15 The Curragh.
Cant wait to see him run today and he'll give us a great guide as to how far forward some of the AP O'Brien horses are. He came home in front of some of the stable stars in a racecourse gallop here a couple of weeks ago. I suppose that shows hes fairly forward and ready to roll, and he has some nice form and at 5/2 that seems a fair price, very interesting race and cant wait to see what happens.

Aristocrat 4.45 The Curragh.
Even though its a big question mark how much he'll need the run, hes been working well at home and I'd be disappointed if he couldnt win or finish second at least. Anything around the 5/4 or 6/4 mark is a nice price and hes Johnnys best chance of a winner today.

Harchibald 5.15 The Curragh and Gwens Spirit 5.15 The Curragh.
No surprise to see these two at the head of the market. Gwens Spirit has already had a run this season and Harchibald should be fit from hurdling, so one can guess what Harchi does these days though, not even Noel Meade. A very close call between to two of them and I'll decide when I'm there, a difficult race to work out.

Ebadiyan 5.45 The Curragh and Whatuthink 5.45 The Curragh.
Pretty sure the winner will be one of these two. You couldnt be sure of Ebadiyan after running out at Cheltenham and maybe hes as mad as his trainer, well that might be going a bit far horses arent that crazy! I'm hoping Whatuthink will be ready to roll for this race and not view it just as a prep for Punchestown, I think if Johnny can bounce if out in front he might lead all the way. I have no idea what I'm backing at the minute and will see how the funds are going into the last, whatever I back will be a certainty anyway if I'm losing!

Overall, a really nice day and I'm looking forward to it. Havent done any bets online yet but I've backed Button to win the Malaysian GP and if I get paid by Paddy Power (race is currently stopped due to mad rain) I might have the winnings on Aristocrat for the challenge, I'd like to be there to see how things are before the race and if hes ready to roll, I'll know when I'm there so its hard to have a bet now but hes probably the best bet of the day along with Poet, remember hes a key horse to see how AP's are going after the racecourse gallops.

No comments:

Post a Comment