Wednesday, July 8, 2009

08/07/2009

Havent seen a ball bowled today on the first day on the Ashes, disaster! Really want to lay the draw with England being 7 down, but theres weather about on the Saturday I think and I dont want to be stuck with a draw lay looking at it raining. I'll watch it in the morning and then decide, no point having a bet on it when I havent seen whats been going on. Think its a good score though, Swann, Anderson and Broad are no mugs with the bat either so we'll see how they get on tomorrow morning, hopefully the tail will hang around for 20 overs or so, might even get Monty to stay there for a whole over!

Was pretty gutted Black Quartz didnt win at Naas to be honest, the idea being he'd outstay the favourite worked perfect but then getting beaten by a 20/1 shot was hard to take. Not saying the best horse didnt win or anything like that, our fella had every chance and wasnt good enough, but we saw it as a two horse race, you beat the favourite and then an outsider does you. Thats racing and even though you feel bad theres no complaints with that and you say well done to the winner. Anyway, it was the first of 4 Ballydoyle two year olds that are really fancied in the next few days, one runs tomorrow at Leopardstown, one in Newmarket (my favourite from this years crop) and one at The Curragh Saturday. Havent thought ahead to Sunday yet, thats completely separate because its Oaks day. But we'll see how they all get on, I'll try not to have 4 pointers on the daily horse for a small while though!

Actually did pretty well today aside from that race, ended up with a loss just under €30 for the challenge, considering I lost €100 on one bet, it would have been a good day if I havent done that bet so happy enough. Lost a bit on course though. Thinking if its not too sunny tomorrow I'll give the in running a full days focus and see how it goes, if its sunny though sod it I'm going playing golf.

On another note, downloaded Betfair Mobile today and have to say I was very impressed, I've a Sumsung Tocco Ultra and it worked very well. It was my first touch screen when I bought it and it took months of ringing the wrong people and hanging up when trying to answer to get used to it, hopefully I dont lay something I want to back! But I won my first bet with it today anyway laying Rainbow View so its all good. Its something that will come in really handy, dont know why its taken so long for me to download it actually.

Horse Racing: -EUR28.24 Total P&L: -EUR28.24

No comments:

Post a Comment