Monday, July 13, 2009

Killarney Monday (Currently +22.83pts)

Betfair really gets on my nerves sometimes, every time I went to put in my bet this morning someone undercuts it one tick lower with €4, and then cancels when I cancel. Whats the point of them! Anyway, fairly hard card tonight and I thought I had a good bet picked out at around 6/1 but the ground has totally gone against him, Archie Boy in the 7-40.

I can see why the bookies want to take on Royal County Star, the trip looks about a mile too short for him. But theres not much to beat him really, Knight Legend hasnt ran a good race in ages and you'd be backing him in hope more than in confidence. I thought Archie Boy each way at 6/1 was a fantastic bet, but looking through his form it looks like he needs good or even firm ground to be at his best, he wont get that tonight.

I've gone for On Borrowed Wings in the bumper an hour later at 8-40, happy enough to take on the second favourite Split Ear even though its well fancied. It looks a two horse race. Split Ear hasnt got the greatest form ever, his last three runs havent been good at all and probably the best of them was over 2M4F, he was beaten over 20L at The Curragh in a bumper over 2M. On Borrowed Wings has already won on this type of ground so I've no worries there, hes probably only an average type of horse but he should still be good enough for Split Ear. Nina Carberry riding is a big plus too if it comes to a close finish, I'd be hoping she doesnt have the horse too far back though, be near enough to the lead all the way around.

Its not great racing today but I'm going to try in running until half four or so, hopefully get something matched this time!

On Borrowed Wings 8-40 Killarney, 2pts win @ 10/11 on Betfair.

No comments:

Post a Comment