Monday, July 6, 2009

Roscommon Tuesday (Currently +30.6pts)

Really busy tomorrow morning with it being Oaks week on The Curragh and wont be around to post, heading out for a meal with the girlfriend in an hour so sorry if this lacks a bit of detail, its a bit rushed.

You might have noticed I've tipped Xtraxtra twice already since I started the daily horse to follow, I really like him and tomorrow I'm giving him his last chance. I've said before Pat Smullen loves this horse and has committed to ride when not taken by Weld, and he gets the leg up tomorrow, on ground that will be OK and over a trip thats probably his best. Noticed hes down to wear cheek-pieces tomorrow and that'll be the first time hes had them on so he might improve a bit for them too. I've been following him since his first run at The Curragh back at the start of the season and he hasnt really ran a bad race since to make me give up on him, hes got beaten by some very good horses and every piece of form is rock solid. He should be good enough for these tomorrow if he runs his usual race, I'll be disappointed if he doesnt win, but as I said, if he cant win tomorrow I'll give up on him.

Also, make no mistake his last run at The Curragh was the hottest maiden to be run here in Ireland and there'll be some amount of winners coming from that race down the line. I thought he ran a cracker at 20/1 that day and his 5th at leopardstown reads well too, hes been unlucky not to win at The Curragh before that as well. Its a fairly hot little maiden by Roscommon standards but he should have enough for these on form, main danger likely to be Sichuan Province, but I rate Xtraxtra a pretty good bet.

Hes forecast at 7/2 in the Racing Post and 9/4 on Irishracing.com, while hes currently around 4/1 on Betfair. Not sure who'll be closer with the forecast but basically no time in the morning so will be backing him at some stage before the off when I get the chance and I'll put up the usual screen shot with tomorrows or the next days P&L. For handiness sake I'll take it at SP for the points system. I'd guess he'd be around 7/2, wont be far off that price anyway I hope.

Xtraxtra 6-00 Roscommon, 4pts win @ SP.

No comments:

Post a Comment