Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Curragh Saturday (Currently +26.83pts)

Small bit confused this morning because everyones been talking about the downpour were suppose to have today and most of last night, woke up this morning and the ground is dry. Although we did have a bit of rain yesterday, and today is meant to be awful, but still guessing what the ground will be like. I'd guess its on the slow side of good at the moment, I'm hoping it rains for today and tomorrow. Not a really good card today it has to be said and it took longer than usual to pick something out, the girlfriend as the day off work so I've decided to have a day in with her and not go to the races.

Assuming this rain comes (or even if it doesnt), Jumbajukiba looks to have a great chance in the 4-00 and I've gone for him at 7/2. Never been to keen on Mad About You and happy to take her on as favourite with something, Jumbajukiba loves this track winning five times here and most importantly its at Group 3 level today, when he steps up in class hes not the same force and I've took him on a good few times but this looks a good chance for him today. If it rains he'll go off favourite and I'd fancy him to be a good thing if we do get the expected downpour, if it doesnt it wouldnt be too much of a negative, it wouldnt stop him for winning anyway, he'll bounce off in front and ask to the others to catch him. Hes been beaten by some very good horses the last two days so I'd have no issue with his form, its a hard days racing and hes my most likely winner.

Another two horses that were on my list were Devoted To You at 2-30 and Famous Name at 4-30. Dont feel comfortable with backing Famous Name at 1/2 over 1M1F if the rain doesnt arrive, Weld said they dont want the ground tacky either so I'll just pass on that one. Dont know much about the English horse Staying On, but if the 8 run and you can get 5/1 it looks an each way bet to nothing, I dont know enough about the horse to back him though. And Devoted To You in the first relies on the weather too, cant say the trip is perfect either but its a weak race she should be winning really. Overall, its all guess work today about the ground and the weather, I cant say I like it. Happy enough with my bet on Jumbajukiba given hes the biggest price of the three I fancied.

Spent an hour last night looking around the GAA markets and I liked a few bets but havent done anything yet. Monaghan v Derry no goalscorer at 7/2 with William Hill, Paddy Power are going 13/5 what a joke of a price! Have two hours to look at Derrys form but Monaghan arent big goalscorers and are happy to tick over with points, but you'd be hoping its a close match and the teams are happy just to take points, will have to give it some more thought given the price is a bit short, Monaghan not to score a goal is around 5/6 that might be alright. If the weather is very bad, I thought Longford were getting too many points on the handicap at +10, Kerry are a bit lazy and are likely to ease off if their ahead, but that said Longford are a poor side. Westmeath v Meath is the battle of the rejects, two very poor teams, Westmeath not to score a goal caught my eye at evens, as did Longford not to score a goal at 5/6 (but that goes against my handicap bet if you think about it). I'll probably end up not doing any of these bets but its what I fancy anyway, if I was to pick one it'd be Monaghan v Derry no goalscorer. Wont be betting much today though.

Jumbajukiba 4-00 The Curragh, 2pts win @ 7/2 with BlueSquare.



No comments:

Post a Comment