Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Killarney Wednesday (Currently +18.83pts)

Woeful card today for betting on. Not much to pick from but I've gone for Tarkari each way in the 8-00. The ground will be heavy down there and at least I know this fella will go on it, hes fit from hurdling and will like the trip. It'll probably feel like 2M in this ground and thats no problem either, hes a high cruising speed and a turn of foot over hurdles on this type of ground so today should be OK. I've gone each way because its such a poor card and didnt have any real choices, he has to give weight away to Anak and Moon Indigo, but all things being well Tarkari should finish near enough to be placed hopefully! The last 4 horses I've picked have lost and they give me this card to pick a winner. There isnt much form to go on over this type of trip and ground, I'm happy enough with backing a hurdler over the flat horses here.

Just seen Sky Sports are reporting Freddie Flintoff is going to retire from test cricket (after the Ashes?). Still 50/50 whether to believe the story as it started with the line "The Sun has reported.." We'll see if its true or not later anyway, massive blow to England if it is. As for myself today, I'm pretty busy and staying out of the house while the racing is on after yesterdays performance, hopefully the cricket wont get rained off again tonight.

Tarkari 8-00 Killarney, 1pt E/W @ 4/1 with Paddy Power.

No comments:

Post a Comment